Thursday, November 29, 2012

My own

It's that time of year.
I need photos to send out to friends and family.
I love photography, but I do NOT love trying to photograph my own kids.
I think everyone feels the frustration of trying to get 'nice' photos of their kids, one where they are all actually looking at the camera.
I gave up on 'nice' photos a while ago, and instead opted for real.
I like 'real' better anyway.

mount monadnock
[Real like this - pajama pants, twisted skirt, leggings with holes, not looking at the camera, food on face....real]

When it comes time for Christmas cards though, I break out some bribes and strive for something less 'real' and more 'Christmas cardy' you know, one that says, "Hi, we're always happy, we have NO problems in the world, our kids do as we say, when we say, and look at our lovely matching clothes"
This is relatively easy to achieve with other peoples kids, not so much with your own.

I tried.
Some are nice.
Some, not so much.
Some, maybe one or two, found that beautiful balance between real, and Christmas card.

fall 2012



fall 2012


fall 2012


fall 2012
fall 2012


fall 2012


fall 2012


setting

fall 2012

In the spirit of being real. 
We saw this little cutie while we were out.
porcupine

....and we may have had a fall or two (Don't worry everyone is ok :)
fail

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP